Monday, April 30, 2007

Lino Printing - The First Lino Print (Part 2)

A Quick Update - After the looking over my prints when they had dried I decided that I needed to do something about the white background. As I mentioned in some earlier posts I felt the background looked very bare. It was too late to change the background as the lino block had already been cut. So I decided to purchase some black paper and to do some more first prints. I'm not sure if applying paint again and doing more prints will degrade the lino block but I decided to give it a go.

Here is a picture of the lino block and the first print on black paper -



I did a few more prints on the black paper which I think they have worked out pretty well. It look much better than the black background.



Now I'm thinking that maybe I should have experimented with a few more colors instead of yellow!

No comments: