Saturday, May 19, 2007

Lino Cutting - Carving the third and final print

Its time to carve the lino block for the third and final print. The plan was to carve around the crest on the lino block leaving an outline which I will print using black paint. I didn't sketch the areas to cut onto the lino block, I just started carving. I was really just removing some of the lino block to leave the outline of the image.

Here you can see I've started carving the third print. I've left the outline of the text on the base of the crest.



I've took a close up picture to show me carving the text on the top of the crest.



It took me about 4 hours to carve the third print as there was lots of small areas to be carved so it was a slow process. Almost there...



And finally complete.



Now I'm ready to do the final print but I don't have the time right now so it will have to wait until another day.